The Healthcare Spending Account (Flexible Spending Account) allows you to set aside money to pay eligible healthcare expenses with pre-tax dollars. You can only have a Healthcare Spending Account (Flexible Spending Account) if you are enrolled in the Traditional Plan or if you are not enrolled in a Newell Brands medical plan.
BenefitWallet is Newell Brands' Healthcare Spending Account partner. Go to WellAtNewell.com for more information.
Use the account to pay for medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug expenses.
Examples of eligible expenses:
- Medical and dental plan deductibles, copays and coinsurance
- Prescription drug copays and coinsurance
- Certain over-the-counter drugs with a prescription
- Vision expenses
Refer to IRS Publication 502 for more information.
- You may use the Healthcare Spending Account (Flexible Spending Account) on expenses for you and your eligible dependents.
- You must re-enroll each year during annual enrollment.
- You may contribute from $120 to $2,750 annually.
- Funds are available on January 1, 2021.
- You can incur claims through December 31, 2021. You will forfeit any funds left in your account. You have until March 31, 2022 to submit claims for expenses incurred through December 31, 2021.
Use your debit card to pay for healthcare products and services directly from your account. You can file claims for reimbursement until March 31, 2021. Learn more by reading the