Is there a company match? What is the company match?
- Is there a company match? What is the company match?
Newell Brands matches the first 6%* of contributions dollar-for-dollar (at 100%). Be sure to contribute at least 6% each payroll period to take advantage of the company match. All matching contributions will be immediately vested.
*The company match may differ for certain union groups.
How much can I contribute to the 401(k)? What are the 401(k) contribution limits?
- How much can I contribute to the 401(k)? What are the 401(k) contribution limits?
You can contribute from 1-75% of your eligible base pay as pre-tax or Roth contributions or a combination, up to the annual IRS dollar limits.
The IRS contribution limit for 2019 is $19,000 and for 2020 is $19,500, and includes contributions to the Newell Brands Employee Savings Plan in addition to any other contributions made to a previous employer’s 401(k) plan.
If you have reached age 50 or will reach 50 during the calendar year and are making the maximum plan or IRS pre-tax contribution, you may make an additional “catch-up” contribution each pay period. The maximum annual catch-up contribution for 2019 is $6,000 and in 2020 is $6,500.
Who is Fidelity?
- Who is Fidelity?
Fidelity is the nation’s #1 record keeper of 401(k) and 403(b) retirement savings* plans and provides plan administrative services for nearly 23,000 employers – including more than one-third of all Fortune 500 companies – through defined contribution, defined benefit, health and welfare, health savings accounts and stock plan services.
Fidelity Investments has more than 35 years of experience in helping people plan for retirement, including 70+ years of investment experience. Fidelity’s goal is to make financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want by offering powerful online tools, specialized professional support, and a wide range of communications and education to assist with your most important financial planning decisions.
*Based on 403(b) recordkept assets as December 31, 2015 as reported by PLANSPONSOR Managize and being ranked first in 401(k) recordkept assets as of December 31, 2015 in Cerulli Associates U.S. Retirement Markets 2016.
Does Fidelity have an app?
- Does Fidelity have an app?
- Yes, Fidelity has an app for NetBenefits that will allow you access much of the same account information and transactions as the web site. You can download the NetBenefits mobile app from the App Store®, Google Play™ Store or Windows Store.
How can I update my beneficiaries?
- How can I update my beneficiaries?
- You can update or make new beneficiary designations online through the Fidelity website . In order to designate your beneficiaries, you will need their name, address, date of birth and if you have it, their Social Security Number. This information is required in order to verify your beneficiary after your death. It only takes a few minutes to ensure your assets are distributed according to your wishes at the time of your death.
Does the Newell Brands Employee Savings Plan accept rollovers?
- Does the Newell Brands Employee Savings Plan accept rollovers?
- Yes. The Plan accepts rollovers from 401(a)/401(k) plans, 403(b) plans, governmental 457(b) plans, Roth 401(a)/401(k) and Roth 403(b)/457(b).
Will I receive quarterly statements in the mail?
- Will I receive quarterly statements in the mail?
- Statements will not be automatically mailed to your home. If you would like quarterly statements mailed to your home address, update your preferences in the section of NetBenefits at or call Fidelity at 1-833-252-2244.
What is a self-directed brokerage account?
- What is a self-directed brokerage account?
- A self-directed brokerage account allows you to invest in a broad range of investment options beyond those offered directly through the plan’s core investment options. This additional flexibility and choice may help you to more effectively build a retirement portfolio that’s more tailored to your individual goals. A self-directed brokerage account is not for everyone. If you are an investor who is willing to take on the potential for more risk and you are prepared to assume the responsibility of more closely monitoring this portion of your portfolio, it could be appropriate for you. However, if you do not feel comfortable actively managing a portfolio of options beyond those offered through a plan’s core investment options, then a self-directed brokerage account may not be appropriate for you. Additional trading fees and commission also apply to a brokerage account.
Do I have the option to invest in company stock?
- Do I have the option to invest in company stock?
- Yes, you can invest in Newell Brands stock through the Newell Brands Inc. Common Stock Fund.
Does the Newell Brands Employee Savings Plan allow Roth contributions?
- Does the Newell Brands Employee Savings Plan allow Roth contributions?
- Yes, the Roth contribution option lets you contribute on an after-tax basis and make potentially tax-free withdrawals in retirement. A distribution from a Roth 401(k) is tax-free and penalty-free, provided the five-year aging requirement has been satisfied and one of the following conditions is met: age 59½, disability, or death.